Getting Started on Ventavis Inhalation Solution
Starting you on the right path with Ventavis
PAH Pathways® serves as the one point of contact for Actelion services and support programs. This comprehensive program—available at no cost to you—helps you every step of the way by providing information and assistance with:
- Access to Ventavis (iloprost)—to make sure you get your medicine in a timely manner
- Insurance information and financial assistance—to help find the answers you need and help pay for your medicine, if eligible
Through Actelion's Patient Services Department, you'll also have access to a dedicated team of nurse educators—including Registered Nurses and Respiratory Therapists.
An Actelion Nurse Educator can be reached from Monday through Friday, 12 pm-8 pm (ET)/9 am-5 pm (PT) at 1-866-ACTELION (1-866-228-3546). When prompted, press option #6 and then extension 814008.
Starting on Ventavis (iloprost)
Your Ventavis prescription comes with resources from Actelion, maker of Ventavis. Follow these steps to learn what you can expect while getting started on treatment.
1. Healthcare provider prescribes Ventavis (iloprost): The process starts when your doctor's office sends your completed Ventavis enrollment form to Actelion.
2. Actelion contacts you: After receiving your enrollment form, Actelion provides support services through PAH Pathways and the Patient Services Department. They'll help you get started on treatment.A PAH Pathways Case Manager:
- Coordinates communications between the specialty pharmacy, your doctor, and your insurance company to make sure your prescription gets filled as soon as possible
- Contacts you to discuss starting Ventavis and answer any questions you may have
- Helps answer your questions about Ventavis or the I-neb AAD System
- Updates you from time to time about new information related to treatment with Ventavis
- Mails you a Ventavis Welcome Folder
3. Your specialty pharmacy takes action:
- Obtains insurance approval and determines your benefit status for Ventavis and the I-neb AAD System
- Notifies your of your out-of-pocket expenses
- Provides information on financial assistance, if eligible†
- Sends your Ventavis prescription and the I-neb AAD System directly to you
- Sets up a training session between you and a Ventavis-trained nurse
If at any time you have a problem with your I-neb AAD System (for example, your I-neb AAD System is not working), you can call your specialty pharmacy. They're available 24 hours a day:
4. The specialty pharmacy nurse meets with you: The Ventavis-trained specialty pharmacy nurse helps you understand how to take Ventavis with the I-neb AAD System. This training session can take place at your home or in a doctor's office.
5. You receive ongoing support: Remember, Actelion is dedicated to helping you with your treatment. A support team is waiting to help you with answers to your questions about treatment with Ventavis and the I-neb AAD System.
Support is a phone call away. Just call Actelion toll free at 1-866-ACTELION (1-866-228-3546), Monday through Friday, 9 am-8 pm (ET)/6 am-5 pm (PT). When prompted, press #2.
†You may contact the Caring Voice Coalition (CVC), a third party non-profit organization that offers a PAH* copay assistance program for eligible patients (1-888-267-1440 or visit www.caringvoice.org).