Your patients are automatically enrolled in the PAH Pathways program when you prescribe Ventavis® (iloprost) Inhalation Solution. They are contacted by our Patient Case Managers and our specialty pharmacy nurses in order to handle reimbursement and Ventavis dosage and administration training.
PAH Pathways serves as the one point of contact for Actelion services and support programs. This comprehensive program—available at no cost to your patients—helps your patients every step of the way by providing information and assistance with:
- Access to Ventavis (iloprost)—to make sure your patients get their medicine in a timely manner
- Insurance information and financial assistance—to help find the answers you need and help pay for your medicine, if eligible
Through Actelion's Patient Services Department, your patients also have access to a dedicated team of nurse educators—including Registered Nurses and Respiratory Therapists.
An Actelion Nurse Educator can be reached from Monday through Friday, 12 pm-8 pm (ET/9 am -5 pm (PT) at 1-866-ACTELION (1-866-228-3546). When prompted, press option #6 and then extension 814008.
For more information on how PAH Pathways works for your patients, make an appointment with one of our representatives.
Getting your patients started on therapy
PAH Pathways offers patients on Ventavis a clear path to getting started on therapy. Working with your office, PAH Pathways and specialty pharmacies make it easier for your patients to get their medicine when they need it. Here's how it all comes together:
1.You prescribe Ventavis (iloprost): The process starts when you send your completed Ventavis enrollment form to Actelion.
2.Actelion contacts your patient: After your patient receives their enrollment form, Actelion provides support services through PAH Pathways and the Patient Services Department. They'll help your patients get started on treatment.A PAH Pathways Patient Case Manager:
- Coordinates communications between the specialty pharmacy, you, and your patient's insurance company to make sure their prescription gets filled as soon as possible
- Contacts your patient to discuss starting Ventavis and answer any questions they may have
- Helps answer your patient's questions about Ventavis or the I-neb Adaptive Aerosol Delivery (AAD) System
- Updates them from time to time about new information related to treatment with Ventavis
- Mails your patients a Ventavis Welcome Folder
3.The specialty pharmacy takes action:
- Obtains insurance approval and determines your patient's benefit status for Ventavis and the I-neb AAD System
- Notifies them of their out-of-pocket expenses
- Provides information on financial assistance, if eligible†
- Sends the Ventavis prescription and the I-neb AAD System directly to your patient
- Sets up a training session between your patient and a Ventavis-trained nurse
If at any time your patients have a problem with their I-neb AAD System (for example, their I-neb AAD System is not working), they can call their specialty pharmacy. They're available 24 hours a day:
4. The specialty pharmacy nurse meets with your patient: The Ventavis-trained specialty pharmacy nurse helps your patient understand how to take Ventavis with the I-neb AAD System. This training session can take place at their home or in your office.
5. Your patients receive ongoing support: Remember, Actelion is dedicated to helping your patients with their treatment. A support team is waiting to help them with answers to their questions about treatment with Ventavis and the I-neb AAD System.
Support is a phone call away. Just call Actelion toll free at 1-866-ACTELION (1-866-228-3546), Monday through Friday, 9 am-8 pm (ET)/6 am-5 pm (PT). When prompted, press #2.